Many people were able to take advantage of the Cash For Clunkers program offered by the Federal Government and trade in their old beat up gas guzzles for sleek new economical forms of transportation. It has been reported that new car sales over the summer reached record highs and some dealerships reported sales of as many as thirty cars in a single day during the final weeks of the Cash For Clunkers program. The success of the government funded program has helped to boost lagging sales in the new car industry and even aided automotive manufacturers with their mounting debts, however the real winners are the tens of thousands of people who took advantage of the cash incentive offered to new car dealers.
There is very little that rivals the satisfaction of driving off the lot in a brand new car, especially when that car has qualified for a low monthly payment and has a higher fuel economy than its predecessor. Buyers enjoy the smooth drive of a new car as well as its responsiveness and, in many cases, quieter interior. For the first few weeks new car owners want to do everything they can to care for their automobiles and take extra precautions to ensure that their new care is treated like newborn baby.
Owners are sure to clean their new cars regularly and keep both the interior and exterior looking as clean as they can. To help with the maintenance and overall appearance of the car many buyers will put in auto mats to protect the flooring of their new vehicle from any spills or debris. While eating and drinking are taboo for many new car owners the appeal of quality auto mats enhances the beauty of their car while providing protection to the flooring. Some owners even go as far as to buy custom floor mats and matching trunk mats that prevent the movement of objects in the trunk.
While auto mats are designed to keep dirt and debris from being transferred from shoes and feet onto the carpeted flooring of cars and trucks their designs and colors act as an accent to the interior of the vehicle and give it a higher end feel. Even small economic cars that have been purchased through the Cash For Clunkers program look better and are more appealing with a set of auto mats resting on the floor just under the seat. But, perhaps the best part of buying a new car and customizing it to keep it as clean as possible is the new car smell that is enjoyed by many owners that taken their old beaten up gas guzzler and traded it in for something new and exciting to drive.
The wet season can also be the mold season in many areas of the country. Mold is often found near sources of water where it can easily grow and reproduce. As it grows, mold can breakdown and compromise the integrity and strength of the source in which it lives. When large amounts of mold spores grow, they can also compromise the health of the people living near it. Mold can be killed, but if it is not removed properly, it can remain in the area just cleaned and the dry spores can be released into the air.
There are professional mold remediation services that can help get rid of the mold in your home as well as any molded personal affects like documents, photographs and book. However, prevention is the best way to help keep your lungs healthy and homes and buildings strong. Rapid Refile has put together a few easy to follow tips on how you can help thwart mold from infesting your home. Below is a sample of what they say are real-life preventive measures a home owner can follow to reduce the likelihood of mold damage.
Home Mold Prevention Tips:
* Make sure there is good air circulation in your home by using exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen.
* Turn off the water flow to broken appliances and pipes to reduce mold growth.
* Replace cracked or defective mortar in basements.
* If you find your basement is wet or has water leaking into it, inspect the outside drainage systems for problems.
* Spread moisture-barrier materials like heavy roofing paper or polyethylene film in crawl spaces over the soil.
* Make sure there is good ventilation in the crawl space and, if possible, do not enclose it.
* Get rid of humidity or dampness within a building by heating it for a short time. After heating, open up the doors and windows, or use an exhaust fan, to let out the air that is moist.
* If there are freezing temperatures, take precautions against burst water pipes by insulating them.
* Make sure all the seals on the windows and doors are in good-working condition.
* Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
* Make sure the ground around your building slopes away from the foundation so water does not collect around or enter in to it.
* Act quickly if you see condensation on windows, pipes, or walls inside a building. Dry out the area and determine if the source of the condensation is from a leak or the result of high humidity.
If your home or parts of your home become flooded by broken pipes or heavy rains consider the following advice:
* Work fast. Call in a mold remediation service, which will help in the cleaning and disinfecting of your home from toxins and spores mold can release.
* Lower the humidity and temperature in the building by turning on an air conditioner and a dehumidifier to slow mold growth.
* Dispose of moldy items in a sealed bag.
* Recoverable objects that can be saved should be frozen (which deactivates mold) or dried out. Mold remediation services can assist with restoring many of your items, including documents, pictures, and books.
* Make sure there is good ventilation within the building affected. Use a fan, if necessary, to promote good air circulation.
* Remove as much standing water in a building as quickly and safely as possible after disconnecting all electronic equipment inside the building.
Many simple steps can be taken to prevent mold damage as well as water damage during the winter months. This New Years, assess your home for any potential trouble spots that may promote mold growth and take the necessary precautions to keep your home safe and protected from the damage that water and mold can cause.
Home Cleaning Tips
Cleaning your house may seem like a very huge and daunting task that you dread to even think about. But the truth is, this is something that you need to take responsibility for. Your home is one of your very few places of refuge and it will only be right that you keep it safe, clean and comfortable for you and the rest of your family. So if you need a little hand, you have come to the right place. Read on some more and get great and simple home cleaning tips that you can easily follow today.
Some people end up putting off house cleaning until later simply because they do not have the slightest idea on where to start. So first things first: decide and choose what items must go and what must stay. This is a necessary step for those who have piled up a whole lot of stuff and junk through the years. De-cluttering your house will instantly give it a different vibe and of course, more space. Make a separate space for items that you want to keep, throw away, give out or sell. Remember: try to recycle things as much as you can to reduce waste. However, do not hold on to items that you won't end up using. Bless others by giving them away instead.
Use Organic and Natural House Cleaning Products
The regular house cleaning products are said to be one of the major causes of water pollution. So if you want to play your part, turn to the more organic and natural products instead. There are now plenty of all-natural and non-toxic products available out in stores today so you will never have a hard time looking for a good brand. You can also makehome cleaning an exercise. Instead of using the vacuum cleaner, sweep your house manually to save up on electricity.
Clean as you go
One of the best cleaning tips is to clean as you go. Cleaning as you go can help you reduce the amount of accumulated dirt and grime in your room. Give yourself 5-10 minutes to sweep the floor, wipe the dust and tidy things up. This can make a huge difference in your room and will make your general home cleaning sessions much easier and less tedious.
Change the sheets at least once in a month
Your sheets and pillows are the most common places where dust, grime and even bacteria accumulate. So to avoid this, make sure that you wash you sheets, your pillow cases and even your curtains once or twice in a month. This will keep your home dust and allergen free at all times. Use hot or warm water during washing.
Remember, the real secret to a clean home is simple and this is a regular cleaning habit. The more you delay the cleaning, the larger and the more tedious the task will turn out to be. So always plan ahead. Make sure that you give yourself time off to clean the entire house and of course, to rest and relax after the tiring activity. So remember to always keep these home cleaning tips in mind.